Let Summer Begin!
- Make & Take Mondays: Blast off into summer by stopping by the library on Monday afternoon June 24th and make a straw rocket! Who can make the coolest looking rocket? Whose rocket can travel higher, longer and further than all the others!
- Tuesdays @ 2: Beginning Tuesday July 9 at 2 pm. Kids in 4th through 8th grade are invited to come discuss and recommend some of the great books they’re reading. Don’t know what to read for the summer reading school projects? Not sure what project to tackle? Talk it over with experienced pros (7th & 8th graders).
- The Idea Factory: July 23rd. Join our group of readers in welcoming author Janet Slingerland! Ms. Slingerland will guide you to realizing your potential as an author or get you started on how to discover ideas for writing (useful for those school projects).
- Wednesday Family Story/Craft: Wednesday mornings, 10:30 a.m. Recommended for children ages 3-5 accompanied by guardian (because of craft) but all ages welcome.
- Thursday Toddler Time: Thursday mornings, 11 a.m. Toddlers, up to 36 months, are invited to join us for stories, songs and play.
- Thursday Afternoons – Art / Stories / Crafts: Each week a different project. This week Mo Willems stories & art!
June is here and there are not too many more days left in the school year. Time for summer programs! We still have one day of school visits (puppet Ticket seems to have come down with laryngitis and was unable to perform last Wednesday).
Due to the change in schedule of school visits, Story Hour on Wednesday, June 12th. must be cancelled…sorry.
Summer kickoff: Our backyard event -Friday, June 14, 2019 – Bring a blanket and get there early to save your spot!
Finally, we’re beginning to see some sun! The daffodils are such a wonderful sight and a sure sign spring is here. So, what’s going on at the library this month?
There’s sure to be plenty of stories about spring, rain, flowers, bunnies, chicks and ducks at the Wednesday story time (10:30 am) and our Thursday Toddler Time (11 am).
The Stitching with Sally group will meet Thursday, 4/4 and 4/18. Needle crafters of all types welcome!
Kids over 4 are invited to our Third Thursday story/craft on 4/18 at 2 pm. Be sure to call to let us know you’re coming.
Stop by the Children’s Library on Monday 4/22, 12pm to 5pm, for an Earth Day make and take.
LEGO after school, on Thursdays, 4/4 and 4/18 at 4:30 pm!
See you soon!
Thanks to all our sponsors and everyone for coming out on Saturday morning to support the library! Now that race day has come and gone what else is happening?
Every Wednesday, Family story time with Mrs. King – 10:30 a.m. (Please try to be on time!)
Toddler Time is starting up again, Thursday mornings at 11 a.m. Babies and toddlers up to 36 months are invited for stories, songs and play.
Third Thursday story/craft, for kids over 4 years of age – Robots! (3/21 – 2 p.m.)
Stitching with Sally on the 1st. & 3rd. Thursdays (3/7 & 3/21)
Our next after school Lego hour will be Thursday 3/14 at 4:30 p.m.
As always, we encourage you to call to let us know you’re coming!
We look forward to seeing you!