As 2022 is drawing to a close, we had to point out a neat architectural detail on our building— the downspout with the year 1922 in an Art Nouveau font. Why 1922? The building was designed in 1921 by Stewardson and Page under the direction of Mary Irick Drexel herself. The exterior construction was done in 1922 and the interior finished in 1923, with our dedication in memory of Sally Stretch Keen on June 18th, 1923.
We look forward to celebrating our 100th year in 2023!