It is time to formally introduce you to our namesake. Sally Stretch Keen was born Sarah Stretch Eayre, to Thomas Wilkins Eayre and Sarah (Sally) Howell (Stretch) Eayre at Grove Hill Farm in Lumberton, October 29, 1841. She married William Hudson Irick on March 10, 1863. The couple lived at his estate, Locust Grove on Retreat Road, which was built 1833. Census details show that W.H. Irick was a master farmer. In 1864, their only child, Mary Stretch Irick, was born. In 1871, William died, leaving his entire estate to Sally. Four years later, Sally married Charles Joseph Keen of Philadelphia. Charles was the half brother of her first husband– Charles and William were both the sons of Matillda Burr. Charles and Mary had no children. Census data shows that Locust Grove was listed as Sally’s until she died, while Charles owned a house on 18th Street in Philadelphia. Charles died March 13, 1904 and is buried at Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philadelphia. Sally lived another 14 years, and died on June 29, 1918 at the age of 76. She is buried next to William at St. Andrew’s Graveyard in Mt. Holly.